CHRIST CHURCH MUSEUM OF LOCAL HISTORY 1862
Open Wednesdays & Sundays between
June 3rd to September 30th from 1:00 to 4:00 pm
Local Accommodations | County Accommodations | Tour
at a slight EXTRA charge is a guided tour of the 1860 era native limestone
CHRIST CHURCH was built in 1862 and on the National Register.. The congregation was founded
in 1842, one of the oldest in Washington County, and the oldest in Germantown,
by settlers from the Hunsruck area of Germany
It was called Evangelisch
Christus Kirche. In 1890, three bells were purchased for the new bell
tower, which are still rung today. Next to the church is a pioneer cemetery.
NEWS: We have renovated our exhibits in the Christ Church of Local
History. Our director, Irene Blau, for over 30 years has retired in
2009. In honor of her dedication of our history preservation, her
portrait and biography will become permanent displays in the museum.